Cardio-Thoracic Surgery at MVMC
Cardio-Thoracic Surgery is surgery within the chest involving the heart, lungs, mediostinum, and pleural space. The most advanced technologies and techniques are used, including internal staplers and ligation devices, to ensure your pet has the safest and shortest surgical experience as possible.
Common Conditions Treated and Procedures Performed:
- Patient Ductus Arteriosis (PDA) congenital heart defect
- Lung lobectomy for treatment of pneumthorax, penetrating foreign body and cancer
- Pericardectomy for treatment of pericardial effusion
- Rib wall resection for treatment of cancer and trauma
- Neoplasia of the cardiothorax